Our church first met in homes, buildings, arbors, and open spaces until 1811 when a lot was purchased on the Moore’s Building property. The first church building was an 18’ x 20’ log church that cost $38.
The next building was erected in 1846 on the Moore property. It was of brick and had two front doors. The women entered the church by one door and the men by the other, a custom of the time. In 1890, a tornado destroyed the building. When the women of the church insisted on re-building the church in a different location, property was purchased on Water Street (now Elk Avenue). The present sanctuary was erected in 1890-1892. It was built of brick and was built to seat 350 people.
In 1925-1926, an educational building was erected behind the sanctuary. In 1946, the building was remodeled. The leaded glass windows were replaced with stained glass and the outside walls were permastoned at a total cost of $15,000.
In 1984, the old three-story educational wing was removed and the present wing constructed.
In May 2004 the Christian Life Center was dedicated. This wonderful space features something for every age group: indoor playground for children, a gymnasium, weight room, media room, youth hall, and classroom space.
In 2013, The Church purchased the old "5 Star Cleaners" property across Main Avenue from the church. It is the dream and intention of the church that this building will became the focus area for our many mission and outreach ministries.